CERTIFICATION OF OILFILED CHEMICALS USED IN THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
The following stepwise procedures are to be followed in certification/approval of oilfield chemicals:
- Application for certification of chemicals shall be submitted to the Director of Petroleum Resources. The application should be accompanied with the Material Safety Data Sheet of the chemical and the product Data sheet where applicable.
- Upon receipt, the Department will review the application to determine the need or otherwise for the test.
- Particular chemicals requiring testing shall be forwarded in pair (1.5 litres each) to the Department for the test.
- Two accredited laboratories shall conduct the test on behalf of the Department and the cost for the test shall be borne by the chemical vendor company.
- Further details regarding the test process can be obtained from the Technical Services Division of the Department